Church of God Knowledge Encyclopedia
Church of God Introduction
|Scale||Over 7,500 churches in 175 countries around the world |
Registered members: 3.5 million
|Website||Church of God Official Website|
|YouTube Channel||Church of God Official YouTube|
The World Mission Society Church of God (in short, the “Church of God”) was established by Christ Ahnsahnghong in 1964. The church believes in God the Father and God the Mother according to the Bible and follows Their teachings. It inherits the pattern of the early Church of God established by Jesus Christ 2,000 years ago. It has flourished into a worldwide church with about 7,500 churches in 175 countries in only 50 years of its establishment. The number of registered members is 3.5 million as of January 2023. View More
- 1948 Christ Ahnsahnghong was baptized
- 1964 The Church of God was established
- 1988 Registered members: 10,000
- 1996 Registered members: 100,000
- 1997 Three overseas churches were established
- 2000 Registered members: 300,000
- 2001 1st Overseas Visiting Group (U.S.)
- 2003 Awarded the Presidential Citation from Korean government
- 2004 Awarded the Medal of Honor from Korean government
- 2008 Registered members: 1,000,000
- 2011 Awarded The President’s Volunteer Service Award
(Gold, Lifetime Achievement Award) from the U.S. government
- 2013 Registered members: 2,000,000
- 2015 Awarded the Presidential Group Citation from Korean government
- 2016 General Pastor Kim Joo-cheol’s speech at the UN CERF High-Level Conference
- 2019 75th Overseas Visiting Group
- 2023 Registered members: 3.5 million at 7,500 churches in 175 countries
Church of God Faith and Truth
Christ Ahnsahnghong came from Korea for the salvation of mankind according to the prophecies of the Bible. The Bible is the only book that reveals who Christ is. Just as the Bible prophesied about First Coming Christ 2,000 years ago, it prophesies about Second Coming Christ through many prophecies such as the “Throne of King David” and the “Parable of the Fig Tree." Christ Ahnsahnghong came according to the prophecies of the Bible, re-established the Church of God in the pattern of the early Church, and proclaimed God the Mother, who is the last secret of the Bible.
God the Mother refers to the female image of God. Most people assume that there is only one God the Father. However, the Bible testifies to the existence of two images of God--the male image of God and the female image of God--from the first chapter of Genesis to the last chapter of Revelation.
God’s people receive the blessing of eternal life when they keep the feasts of the new covenant in spiritual Zion. There are seven annual feasts—the Passover, the Feast of Unleavened Bread, the Feast of Firstfruits (the Day of Resurrection), the Feast of Weeks (the Day of Pentecost), the Feast of Trumpets, the Day of Atonement, and the Feast of Tabernacles, along with the weekly feast, the Sabbath.
The gospel is the good news, and more specifically, it is the new covenant. The saints and apostles of the early Church kept and preached the truth of the new covenant such as the Passover and the Sabbath just as Jesus taught them.
Women’s veil is the regulation that women must wear a veil when they pray or keep worship services as written in 1 Corinthians 11. This regulation shows that men wear nothing on their heads and that women should wear a veil.
Present State of Missionary Work
Now, the members are leading their lives of faith through over 7,500 churches in 175 countries around the world and more than 80% of them are local people. Before the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, members from various continents visited Korea for a total of 75 times. View More
The Church of God carries out various activities such as emergency relief, medical and welfare support, blood donation, cultural communication, character education, and environmental preservation. It also cooperates with governments and organizations in each country to implement the Sustainable Development Goals [SDGs], climate change response, disaster relief, and wellbeing promotion, which are a common task of the international community. View More
Volunteer Services Worldwide
- No. of times: 24,200 times
- Participants: 2.8 million people
General Pastor Kim Joo-cheol’s Speech at the UN
The Church of God General Pastor Kim Joo-cheol was invited to the 71st UN CERF High-Level Conference at the UN Headquarters in New York on December 13, 2016. View More
Signing of Agreements, Conferences, and Supporting Signatures
Government agencies, municipalities, and universities are implementing the SDGs together with the Church, fully agreeing to the vision of the Church of God. ASEZ has been carrying out environmental protection activities with government ministries, municipalities, international organizations, 226 civil organizations, and 56,168 individuals in 168 countries. View More
Countries around the world have given medals, citations, and achievement awards to the Church of God over 3,300 times for their constant efforts to share love with their neighbors and for their volunteer services.
- The Presidential Awards from the three governments of the Republic of Korea: Presidential Medal of Honor, Presidential Group Citation, Presidential Citation
- The Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service from the U.K.
- The President’s Volunteer Service Award Gold (the highest honor for a group) 48 times from the U.S. Presidents Biden, Trump, and Obama
- The Green Apple Environment Award (Gold & Bronze) and many others more View More
- "Pune News : World Mission Society Church of God’s ASEZ WAO conducts cleanliness drive on Salunkhe Vihar road"
- 《Pune Pulse》 July 6, 2023
- 《Daily Herald》 May 4, 2023
- 《abc4》 March 19, 2023
- 《Shindonga》 August, 2023
- 《Monthly Chosun》 October, 2022
- Certificate of Recognition from Member of Parliament, New Zealand 2023.05.10
- Certificate of Appreciation from Member of the New York State Assembly, United States 2023.04.23
- Certificate of Recognition from Governor of Oklahoma, United States 2023.03.24
- Citation from the Chairman of Metropolitan Council of Seoul, Korea 2023.01.13
- Certificate of Appreciation from Department Head of Cebu City Environment and Natural Resources Office(CENRO), Philippines 2023.01.10
The timing of Jesus’ second coming is a pressing matter in the Christendom. Two thousand years ago, Jesus’ disciples too wondered when Jesus would come again. Jesus said He would come again when Judgment Day is near just before the saints enter the kingdom of heaven. He prophesied the timing of His second coming through the parable of the fig tree. Although He did not specify a date, the parable of the fig tree is a decisive sign that shows when Jesus comes again.